AAPP Business Manager
The AAPP Business Manager will be responsible for contributing to the delivery of a range of operational and strategic AAPP activities. Working closely with key internal and external stakeholders you will exercise management and leadership skills that will effectively support the AAPP.
- Provide high-level policy, procedural and business management support to the AAPP Program Leader in support of the Partnership operations.
- Provide high level operational management of administrative needs including finance, audit & risk, work health and safety, record management and human resources. This includes financial forecasting and planning.
- Assist Program Leader ensure compliance with reporting and contractual needs of the AAPP. This includes co-ordinating the preparation of formal reports, audit reports, and research delivery against contracted milestones under the Commonwealth funding agreement.
- Monitor and manage performance against KPI’s to ensure the implementation of strategic initiatives and operational projects. Identify gaps in operational projects and resolve as appropriate.
- Provide high-level support to the AAPP Management Committee to ensure the development, implementation and delivery of operational plans which can include business plans, budgets in accordance with set KPI’s.
- Manage the process of new appointments, contract renewals, contract cessations and casual appointments for the AAPP project, including the provision of accurate policy advice and financial and workforce forecasting , and ensuring compliance with relevant UTAS policy.
- Actively contribute to the University’s strategic mission through effective working relationships, both internal and external to the University, identifying and developing opportunities to enhance communications and engagement with key stakeholders
- Provide leadership and management of the AAPP professional services team including delivery and oversight of performance conversations, guidance for safety first and appropriate career planning.
- Undertake other duties as assigned by the AAPP Program Leader (and AAPP Management Committee) within the scope and accountability of the role.
To be successful in the role, your application will need to demonstrate:
- Relevant tertiary or industry qualifications and relevant professional competence and experience.
- Proven human and financial resource management experience, including preparation of financial budgets and reports, project design and costing, contract management, and business and strategic plan development processes.
- Experience with policy interpretation and implementation including the commitment to continuously review and improve processes and procedures with the initiative to drive and implement those changes.
- Demonstrated high level oral, written, negotiation and inter-personal skills, along with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with an ability to think flexibly and be able to respond to changing needs.
- Excellent organisational skills and a demonstrated capacity to act independently within established guidelines, using discretion and sound judgement.
- Demonstrated operational leadership experience within a complex, partnership environment.
- Practical experience in the application of computer software packages including internet, email, advanced keyboard skills, spreadsheet, database and financial applications.
For further information about this position, please contact Nathan Bindoff, Program Leader – Australian Antarctic Program Partnership, firstname.lastname@example.org or 03 6226 2986.
Applications close Sunday 11 June 2023, 11.55pm